So, now you have your book, picked out your tidbit and meditated for a few days. Whew! What a chore! I'd love to say it gets easier from here, but I won't. Your next step is visualization. I know, I know, you're thinking "this never works for me!' Here's the scoop. Not everyone visualizes in the same way...some of you will "see", some of you will "feel", some will "hear" and some will "smell". And then there is that small percentage that will actually "transport", which means you will experience all of the above! Let me be clear--all of this work takes practice, patience with self, and peace with your process. Although I was born will my abilities, it took trust and patience and faith in myself to finally believe in who I am. And lots and lots of practice! So, with that in mind, here is the step by step exercise as my guides and yours have laid it out.
1. Find a quiet, peaceful place in your home, back yard or maybe it is in your car! Just don't be driving during this!
2. Breathe. Breathe deeply and evenly. Breathe out all the tension in your neck and shoulders and back. When you think you are ready, breathe one more time.
3. Close your eyes and RELAX. This is the key to what you are about to do. If you can't relax, it's not the time for this. Period.
4. Picture white light surrounding you. If you have to, speak it: "I surround myself with the white light of God's love and divine protection" or something similar. Listen to your inner self for this.
5. Set your intent. This means that you want to keep in the forefront of your mind what it is you want to accomplish. For the purpose of this exercise, the intent is to create your place of communion with spirit.
6. Now, CREATE! This is all you. This is your safe place; the place where you will meet with your guides. This is YOUR place. Make it somewhere you will love to come to. It can be a meadow, a forest, an old victorian mansion--it really doesn't matter what shape your place takes, as long as it is yours! Make it comfortable and detailed. Don't worry if it's not perfect or if you don't "see" it clearly. Your "place" with expand and reshape as you do. And remember, you are not limited to laws of physics in there! It can be a shoebox on the outside and a 12 story cruise ship on the inside!
7. Spend time in your place. Walk around. Explore. Is there sunlight on your face? Do you smell flowers or homemade bread? What does the floor feel like? Take time to experience where you are.
8. Give your self permission to be happy and content. It is important for your growth to allow yourself to just be.
9. You may or may not meet a guide or two. Ask to be made aware of them, what their name is. You can ask them to come to you in a dream, however, they will not meet with you until you are ready. Everyone's time frame is different--you can not and should not measure this against others. That is self defeating and serves no purpose. (One of your guides just told me that!)
10. When you are ready, end your time in your place and open your eyes. Drink water. Eat something. Believe it or not, you just worked really hard!
Ok, that's the 10 steps that I was given. Don't put a ton of pressure on yourself. This should be intuition driven. If one of the steps is not quite right to you, change it! The main thing here is to get you to raise your awareness in a way that you have not done before. I would love to know how this exercise was for you. Please let me know!